Knit One Blog Too

tales of my lonesome knitting adventures ... in blogger format

Monday, November 07, 2005

WIP- Scarf

So....this is the scarf that I started when I was at home this past weekend. I haven't done any work on it since I got back to school Saturday. (I was only at home Thursday night- Saturday morning.) It's in Patons Divine, Denim Storm.



Here's a close up. I'm doing it in Twin Rib, which is
Row 1: *k3,p3 repeat from star across row
Row 2: *k1,p1 repeat from star across row

I found it on some random site which is linked in the side bar under WIPs.
(click for larger version)


I didn't know what to do with this yarn. It's like 10% mohair or something and the rest is acrylic I think. I tried a couple different stitch patterns from the site where I got the twin rib. But the really fuzzy yarn made it difficult to do much more than knits and purls. (no k2tog...no crazy yo's and lace.) So this is what I decided to do...I'm probably going to give this scarf away at Christmas but I have no idea who I'll gift it to. It'll probably be someone who gives me a present and then I panic becaus I haven't bought them anything. I'll just give them this lovely scarf. haha. Let me know what you think. <3

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Chris Klein said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Jaime said...

I made my mom a plain garter stitch scarf in Patons Divine (the light tan color, whatever that's called) last year. She wore it for a bit and then complained that it made her neck itch, so she requested a new scarf in Caron Simply Soft, because she felt my boyfriend's RENT scarf (which was made of the same stuff) and decided it was softer. :P The new scarf's ribby too, and really, it's driving me nuts.

I like the idea of having a random scarf on hand in case someone gives you a gift and you panic. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home